I finally finished the Granny Squares blocks I’ve been working on here and there for what seems like forever. As it turns out, making a quilt doesn’t go very well when you only do a block every once in a great while. Anyway, I very nearly had a stroke after I got them all done and started trimming. My perfectionist freak side was losing it because the blocks were fractions of an inch different in size. I considered ditching the whole project, but sashed them together anyway, and came up with this (the picture is horrible because Eddie wouldn’t stop wobbling it around while I tried to take a picture–get over it) for the top.
I’m shocked, but it doesn’t look all wonky once it’s together, so I’m probably going to be able to avoid the apoplectic fit, after all.
Now I just have to sandwich it and quilt it this weekend so I have a happy blanket to snuggle under this coming week when we get some real fall weather.